After Laser Lipo
It will be necessary to follow any instructions that your doctor gives you after a laser liposuction procedure along with the guidelines gives to you by any of the medical staff that is working on you. When you follow these instructions, you will ensure that your recovery goes over as smoothly as possible.
Right after Laser Lipo Surgery:
Anyone who decides to get laser liposuction surgery done will absolutely need to make sure that they have a ride home after the procedure has been completed. Even though a local anesthetic is used, some patients can experience adverse reactions. This is why it is incredibly important to make certain that you have someone who will be able to take you home afterwards, just in case. Everyone who is involved in performing this procedure will provide you with the detailed instructions which you will need to be aware of for this procedure.
You will be given the chance to rest in a recovery room until the local anesthesia has had time to completely wear off. After it hasn’t worn off you can feel free to go home.
After the procedure you will also be given instructions on what medications you will have to take as well as guidelines for bathing and other things which are important to know after such a procedure.
After The Laser Lipo Surgery Procedure
You can feel free to go home after you have had a chance to relax and let the anesthesia wear off.
Those who get a general anesthetic for their laser liposuction procedure will need to stay in the hospital a minimum of one to two days just to make sure that there are no complications whatsoever. General anesthetic does come with some risks so it is important to consider this before making a final decision.
It is strongly recommended that you already have someone lined up to drive you home after the procedure has been completed, as you may have an adverse reaction to the anesthesia which will render you unable to drive.
You will need to stay in the hospital about an hour after the surgery has been performed if you had only partial sedation. This period of time is necessary for the anesthetic to wear off so you will be in a condition to drive home.
Following the procedure you will have the affected areas dressed with compression garments and various other bandages which will cover up the parts of your body that have been treated. You will most likely have to wear the compression garments for at least a few days following the liposuction procedure.
Sometimes compression stockings are required after such a procedure because they help to improve blood circulation throughout the body which can be somewhat of an issue for certain people who get this kind of work done.
You will be asked to come back a few weeks after the procedure has been completed for a follow-up visit to ensure that you are healing correctly.
After about a week after the procedure you will have to go back so that the doctor can take off the stockings or bandages which are on the affected areas of your body.
One very important thing to remember is that for at least 24 hours following the procedure, you will not be able to exercise whatsoever. After this period of time your doctor may tell you that it is okay to engage in light exercise as long as you do not strain yourself too much.
It will also be recommended that you not take any baths with hot water for a week after you have your surgery. You will also have to avoid any extreme heat for a while after this procedure has been completed.
What To Expect After Laser Lipo Surgery
One of the good things about laser liposuction surgery is the fact that it doesn’t require you to stay overnight in the hospital after the surgery has been performed. This is because only a local anesthetic is used as opposed to a general anesthetic which is the case with most other traditional liposuction procedures.
You should be able to go back to work just a few short days after your procedure and after a couple weeks you can start engaging in normal activities.
Tips to follow after Laser Lipo surgery:
- You will have to get someone who can drive you home after the procedure
- It will be important to have someone to help you out the night of the surgery
- You should also get someone who will be able to help you with whatever you may need a few days after you get the surgery done.
- Those who have children will want someone to help them with daily chores and activities for the first few days after the procedure.
- It would be a good idea to have the number of your surgeon close by in case you have any questions or concerns.
- Make up some sort of chart that will tell you when to take all of your post-op medications
- Be sure to have everything you need for your recovery, such as things like bandages, compression garments, towels, and anything else you may need.
- You should talk to your doctor about whether or not a special diet will be required following your treatment
- Also remember to ask your doctor who performs the procedure how long it will be until you can drive again.
- Plan relaxing non-stimulating activities for your recovery such as reading a book or watching TV.
- Try to avoid any extreme hot or cold temperatures post-operation.
- Avoid any physically strenuous activities when you are still healing, including intense exercise.
Traveling after Laser Lipo Surgery
You will want to keep in mind that by traveling you can put a significant amount of stress on your body. For this reason alone you should not plan on any kind of travel for at least a three to ten days after the procedure has been completed.
Also keep in mind that traveling on an airplane will significantly increase the chance of blood clots following the procedure.
It will be important to keep in mind that you will need to give your body time to heal and some people are able to do this faster than others. You may experience some swelling and/or scarring throughout the healing process which can last up to 6 months for some people, though this is not always the case. Remember to stay out of direct sunlight following your surgery for the first few days, because extreme heat will not be good for you.
Additional Therapies after Laser Lipo Surgery
It is not uncommon for a surgeon to recommend that their patient go through additional treatments after getting the laser liposuction procedure. These treatments can help with things like swelling, pain, or even scarring.
Be sure to remember to ask your surgeon if there are any additional treatments which you will need to go through in order to completely heal your body.
Emergency after Laser Lipo Surgery
While it is certainly true that these types of lipo procedures are very successful with those who want to lose weigh safely and effectively, there are sometimes certain risks and complication which can arise. This is why it is so important that you take note of anything that seems out of the ordinary after your procedure so you will be able to get the help you need right away.
Questions about what to expect after laser lipo surgery:
- How long will I have to stay in recovery after my laser lipo surgery?
- How will I feel after laser lipo surgery?
- How much pain is there after laser lipo surgery?
- How long can I expect to fully recover from my laser lipo surgery?
Questions to ask about your return home after laser lipo surgery:
- Am I required to have someone drive me home after laser lipo surgery?
- What kind of care will I need at home?
- Should I have someone help me after my laser lipo surgery? And if so, for how long?
- Are there any activity limitations after my laser lipo surgery and for how long?
- What kind of diet should I keep after my laser lipo surgery?
- What symptoms should I watch out for and report after my laser lipo surgery?
- When should I contact my laser lipo surgeon?
- What medications do I need to take after my laser lipo surgery?
- Is there anything that I should refrain from after my laser lipo surgery (for example, heat or sun)?
- Do I need bed rest after my laser lipo surgery and for how long?
- How long before I can go back to work after my laser lipo surgery?
- Do I need to wear bandages or special garments? And if so, for how long after my laser lipo surgery?
- How soon can I resume my normal activities after my laser lipo surgery?